Regatta 2023 » Club Regatta & Summer Solstice Beach Party
Hope you are as excited for the Club Regatta Weekend and Summer Solstice Beach Party as we are, we have been sourcing our hula skirts and coconuts for fancy dress and have lots of exciting plans.
The weekend is free to attend for members and their guests and no ticket is required, but please fill in the RSVP form so we have an idea of numbers, including if you plan on buying food so we can let the caterers know. (see below)
The timings for the weekend are rough, as on the water activities will depend on the weather and we will need to be flexible!
- Treasure hunt and Crafts all day
- 10am - 3pm NEYYTS - competitive dinghy racing for anyone under 18 (see below).
- 12pm Family/Team SUP race (water pistols and sabotaging is allowed!)
- 1pm Walking the Plank
- 3pm SUP Downwinder (families and individuals welcome, the safety boat will help to get us back)
- 4pm Topper Match Racing (see below)
- 5pm - 8pm Flying Pigz BBQ food van (Vegetarian option will be available) https://flyingpigz.co.uk/
- 8pm Live Band, Los Capitans
- Fire pits - bring along marshmallows for toasting
- 9am Pre Breakfast SUP race
- 11am Water Olympics: get your family and friends together for some fun afloat. We need a minimum of 4 per team, and you'll need some kind of boat (e.g. paddleboard, club Topaz without sail, ) There will be a few different rounds to score points.
- 11am Class and handicap racing. A single start for all fleets, with prizes awarded for any fleet of 5 boats or more.
- 1pm Windsurfing and paddleboard team racing: meet outside the clubhouse for some fun on the water. Linda will put you into teams of two: one windsurfer and one paddleboarder.
- 2:30pm Pursuit Race - fast becoming the monthly favourite activity for dinghy sailors, led by Dave Coady.
- 4pm Prize giving for all activities, including fancy dress.
DRSC is proud to host this event of the North-East and Yorkshire Youth Traveller Series in their 40th anniversary year. Designed for anyone under the age of 18, there will be two different fleets: main fleet and regatta fleet. The regatta fleet will be coached around the course. To register for this event, head to https://www.yhysa.org/series-notice-board
Match Racing Toppers
This will start from 4pm on Saturday and is kindly organised by Jackie and Dave Gebhard. Anyone can enter and it will be weight adjusted to make it fair! If you'd like to enter please let us know by replying to email@example.com. You will also be able to enter on the day, but it helps with the smooth running if we have names in advance
- Lunch served from the Galley 12pm on Saturday and Sunday
- Flying Pigz BBQ food van will be selling evening food from 5pm https://flyingpigz.co.uk/ Please let us know if you would like this on the RSVP form
- A Vegetarian/vegan alternative 'pulled pork' bun (made with Jackfruit) will be available to buy. Please let us know if you would like this on the RSVP form
- The Galley will be open for breakfast on Sunday from 9.30am
Camping is available for the weekend as usual. This is free for members, guests will need to pay the usual camping charge of £20pn. Please book your pitch online and then collect your sticker on arrival.
So start doing your sun dances and we can't wait to see you all for our Club Regatta Weekend and Summer Solstice Beach Party.
The Social & The Sailing Committees
Last updated 6:13am on 2 November 2023