Junior Capsize Practice: Wentworth Pool
Aimed at junior sailors who want to build confidence in capsizing and capsize recovery. We will practice:
- Re-righting an optimist dinghy from capsized
- Re-righting an optimist dinghy from inverted
- Climbing back aboard using tow straps
- Swimming out from underneath the hull (entrapment)
- Swimming out from underneath the sail
- General familiarity with swimming in a bouyancy aid
This is a unique opportunity that we are only able to perform once a year. We obviously need to hire the pool to do this and so need to charge for participation. Places are limited and will be first come first served.
The pool is obviously heated and there will be plenty of people around to assist without the usual dangers of rescue boats with propellers.
The session will start at 4pm prompt. Please arrive at 3.30pm to get changed. Normal swimming gear should be worn or sailing gear if wished.
Children will probably be in the pool for around an hour.
This event has sold out, however you may still place bookings to be added to the waiting list. You will not be charged for your booking unless a space becomes available.
Last updated 10:02pm on 30 January 2020