How do I renew my membership?
Follow the steps below to renew:
1. Log in to the portal (member's area) on the website.
2. Select membership on the left hand side (on desktop/laptop) or under the menu section (on a mobile.)
3. If your membership is up for renewal, details will be shown on the page asking to renew your membership.
Please note you are able to renew your membership 4 months prior to your current membership ending.
If you cannot remember your log in details, please contact us, don't just create another account!
If you have any further queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What are my responsibilities as a member?
As a member of DRSC it is expected that you will give some time in a voluntary capacity at the Club.
Help comes in many forms:
-Being involved in a work party, painting, cleaning using your skills with woodwork, plumbing, gardening etc.
-Helping repair boats and equipment
-A regular commitment to help with training
-Taking on a Council Role to help with the management of the Club
-Being a Fleet Captain and on the Sailing Committee
-Helping with the organisation of social events
-Working on the Bar
-Supporting Club Open Days
-Helping on Safety Boats on windy days
-Helping out with Open Water Swimming, booking people in, safety cover etc.
-Delivering specialist courses - First Aid; Race Officer; Coaching
-Do a Race Officer Duty if you are a sailor
Some tasks require only a one off commitment whereas other tasks rely on volunteers giving their time on a regular basis.
Sometimes, just by being at the Club, meeting new members or by coming to functions and helping to clean up after events, are all ways to support the Club.
The Club functions because of YOU the volunteers. Thank you to all those members who have given their time so generously.
Can I spread the cost over a period of time?
DRSC would prefer membership to be paid in full however there is an option to split the payment over 6 months for the following memberships:
- Family Membership
- Full Adult Membership
- Veteran Membership
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Does membership include camping?
Camping is available from Easter until end of October on Friday and Saturday evenings with the exception of Bank Holidays and organised events.
It is free to Full Members (not shore based) however, Caravans, Campers and Motorhomes are subject to a seasonal fee.
What period does membership run from?
DRSC membership period runs from 1st March each year to the following year. Membership discounts may be applied to new memberships at certain times of the season- these are not available to previous members of the club who return within a 4 year period.
What is included in a full membership?
A full adult/ junior membership includes:
- 7 Day Access to Club Grounds, including toilets and changing facilities
- Paid safety/ rescue cover on multiple days each week
- Access to social events
- Buddy System, allowing access to the water without safety cover
- Discounted entry fees for most events held at derwent
- Option to store a boat for an additional fee
- Club racing
- Use of club equipment (e.g. kayaks)
- Access clubhouse to specified days
- Refreshments from the Galley and Bar
- 5 Slipways providing safe access to the water
- Access to most of the 1000 acres of water (when full)